Sunday, January 3, 2010

# 14 - Manga Suggestion

Hi everybody! Long time no see!

I've really been busy these last few weeks. With what, I don't know, considering I'm unemployed, but somehow I've found myself out of time... I guess you just get used to having too much time on your hands, so when something finally happens, you don't know how to plan in a good way.

I've had a great Christmas and New Year's Eve together with my family, and I hope your holidays' been awesome too! I was really happy to meet my siblings, we are really close, so not meeting them for 6 months has been pretty hard on me.

And speaking of hard-ons...

Dangerous Pleasure have been celebrating their kinda anniversary. 4 ½ years of spreading hot smexin' between gorgeous men to the needing fangirls! It's really admirable. Anyway, you should all check out their site, they released a batch of deliciousness for the occasion. (And then continue to check there regularly for updates, DP scanlates a lot of great BL titles. Every Saturday is when you can find fresh meat at the market.)

Part of this anniversary batch was chapter 10 of the wonderful series Yume Musubi, Koi Musubi.



I have absolutely no idea why I haven't read this before. The mangaka is Sakuragi Yaya, who also is one of the creators behind an all-time favorite of mine: Renai Kyoutei Nukegake Nashi! (scanlated by Memory For You and Peccatore-Sanctuary, available for reading online at Manga Fox.)

I'm a big fan of Sakuragi Yaya (or, at least I admire and appreciate her work a lot). She often draws ukes that are very beautiful, albeit undoubtedly masculine. Sexy, in other words. This time, though, the uke is the cute type, but it works out fine anyways~! He's perverted to make up for it... And if you prefer the fierce and stylish type, there is always the seme to drool over. He's edible, I promise.

The story is about high school student Ao, who has a wet dream about the priest at the local Shinto shrine. The dream makes him curious about how having sex with the handsome priest would be like in reality, and he is determined to find out. Ao is straight-forward, and excessively so, which makes him a welcome change from the usual innocent, cute bottoms. He is innocent, alright, but because of this he acts entirely on his urges and instincts. I find it fascinating how someone can be so perverted and so naive at the same time...

The artwork is great, the story is good even if it's not on Nobel Prize level, and overall it's just a splendid way of spending the time I have way too much of.

Over and out, dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment