Friday, February 19, 2010

# 18 - Fic Tip

Right now I'm waiting for the Olympic figure skating to come on the TV, so I thought I could use my time well and tell y'all about this darling fic by The Original Psycho @ Fictionpress.com.

The story is called The Cynical Ranting of Hayden Paretski and is basically about this adorable guy who's all bitter and hates the world.

Yes, I do love him.

Hayden is just living his life, annoyed with pretty much everything, when another irritating object shows up: The new kid at school. It's a classic, yes, but if it's well-written it's a storyline I never tire of. Luckily, this is one of those well-written pieces.

Ah! The angst that resides within teenagers! Will I ever get fed up with the inner turmoil that they face every moment of their more or less petty lives? I seriously doubt it. I love how they keep denying their less-than-straightness, their moral battles ('But he's a boy! It's wrong!'), and how they finally decide that they can't resist temptation.

When I think about it, I believe what I like most about fics is how they all try to resist temptation, and howthey all fail so hard. The one reason to why I enjoyed stories where a girl dressed up as a boy was because of the inner struggle the male hero faced when he believed he might be gay. Alas! ♥

And yes, I did some ranting there myself, but the point of this is: Read the story. It's good. And I promise you you will fall in love with lovely Hayden and his contempt for humanity. Wonderful. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment