Saturday, October 24, 2009

# 9


I was cleaning up on my computer today. You know, going through documents, organizing photos, etc. It gets cluttered so quickly, and I really felt it was time to do something about the mess that is my hard drive.

As I was going through the many pictures (I mean, come on, how do they even get there?! There's just so many of them!) I found a picture of a picture of me when I was little and dressed up like Axl Rose.


Photobucket



Because yeah, when I was a kid I believed Axl Rose from Guns'n'Roses was my real father.

My mom was a total fangirl, she had loads of posters and stuff. She had one picture of the band hanging over her and my biological father's bed. I would sit there, looking at it, as she pointed at the different members and asked me questions about them. When she got to Axl, she always said: Who's Axl is that? and I would respond: Mama's Axl! and she smiled at me brightly and told me I was absolutely right. Axl was her man, she would exclaim with a fanatic glimt in her eyes.

Since my language skills weren't the greatest when I was three yeers old, I didn't realize there was a difference between the English and Swedish word "man". So when my mother said "my man" about Axl, I understood it that they were married (in Swedish "man" means husband).

It got me wondering what the man living in out apartment was really doing there, if my mother was married to someone else, but I never received an answer. Instead, my mother turned on Headbanger's Ball on MTV and headbanged with me. My father would look at us with a hurt face before he realized the battle was already lost, and he returned to the kitchen to make some pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment